Travel destination - Bus travel around Scotland
- Scotland includes over 700 islands. These include groups called Orkney, Shetland and the Hebrides.
- The population of Scotland in 2011 was around 5.3 million.
- The capital of Scotland is Edinburgh while the largest city is Glasgow. Other major cities include Aberdeen and Dundee.
- The highest mountain in Scotland is Ben Nevis which stands at a height of 1344 metres (4409 feet).
- Scotland has over 300 railway stations.
- Scotland has a unique culture with traditions such as bagpipes, kilts and highland dancing.
Bagpibes, whisky, highland, kilts, castles, rain….yes, we are talking about Scotland. And Scotland offers it all in a very beautiful and charming way. We can’t wait to go back 🙂