Travel destination - Tokyo - Hakone - Kyoto
- The Japanese name for Japan is “Nihon” or “Nippon” which means “sun origin”.
- Japan is made up of 6,852 islands.
- The highest point in Japan in Mount Fuji, which stands at 3,776m.
- Tokyo is the capital city of Japan and also the largest city. Other major cities include Osaka, Nagoya, and Sapporo.
- Human life in Japan dates back thousands of years.
A trip to Japan came highly recommended by some of my dear friends and they were so right, we loved it.
We loved that Tokyo being a busy shiny metropolis had ancient treasures hidden between highrises and billboards.
We loved that only 1 hour from Tokyo by express train we arrived at a beautiful spa town in the mountains.
We loved being in Kyoto which is surrounded by breathtaking nature and is full of temples and ancient areas with old wooden houses and pretty girls in kimonos.
We loved the efficiency, the punctuality and the kind and helpful Japanese people.